Thursday, January 21, 2016

DECEMBER 2015 DOCUMENTED

AND here's my last month to complete my 2015 project life, December 2015 Documented.

I didn't plan on creating a December Daily album neither a separate album for December. Since the boys are in Philippines I didn't think I'd be able to do a daily thing. I didn't feel like celebrating either because I'd definitely become more emotional thinking of my boys. But since my 12x12 project life album gotten so heavy already, I plunge into the album thing (6x8). Because I was avoiding doing the December Daily, I decided to named it December 2015 Documented. It's not "Christmassy" as well, just a simple album about our December.

For the covers, I used a thick card board from an old sketch pad backing for the back & for the front cover I used a cutting board sheet from Daiso. A bit hard to punch holes but I loved it. Initially, I only have 2 holes for the ring binders but I used some loose 3x4 journal cards as my day cards & since they only have 1 hole, they move around much. That's when I decided to punch a middle hole so that those 3x4 day cards can have 2 holes & stay in place.

Here's a video showing the pages of the album.

For the title page, I cut a word art "good cheer" using my handwriting on a piece of bristol board. Similar to what I did last year with my "love joy peace" word art. Attached it on a thin plastic sheet & insert into a page protector.

I mixed & matched my pages using Simple Stories & Becky Higgins 6x8 page protectors. I trimmed some page protectors for my 3x8 & 4x8 pages. I have a few 6x8 collage photos that I directly punched holes & I have some pages using 6x6 papers. This variety of pages were to create interest in the album.

The journal cards were mostly from my Documenter kit & a free printable cards from Studio Calico. I also used some of Ali Edward's freebies from her 12 days of Christmas & Give Sunday. I always try to keep everything to a minimal since I prefer a "less is more" approach to scrapbooking & don't have enough supplies to use either. Intended to use what I have, the embellishments & the papers. Besides the stamps from Studio Calico, I also loved using the stamps from Kelly Purkey, Christine Herrin & Kellie Winnel. I don't have a lot of stamps (and I hope I have more) but what I have now are the ones that I really kept on using for my project life.

I have also added some memorabilia I got last December. The paper bag from the Gulf Greetings when I bought some postcards; a chocolate wrapper, the tickets & a token from our trip to The Top of Burj Khalifa; the box of the perfume that was given to me; the front cover of the Qasr Al Muwaiji brochure; a song sheet; a Christmas card I got from my last year; the ampersand from my last year's holiday wall art; the birthday card & 1 of the rose (that I dried) that K gave me; and the drawing Makuy made for us.

2015 project life accomplished! Now, I'm ready to start with 2016 project life.

Thanks for dropping by.
Have a nice weekend.
ing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.
Will try my best to reply to all of your comments.