Monday, February 8, 2016

JANUARY PROJECT LIFE + A FREEBIE

Sharing my January Project Life pages.

I love using Paislee Press' minimalist template for my photos. I just tweaked the templates a bit according to my preference. But I still have photos printed to 3x4 & 4x6 and then write directly on them or attach labels on them. I like this combination & it works for me.

Here, I handwritten a quote (from Pinterest) about my one little word for 2016, breathe. I don't have a beautiful handwriting or Ali Edwards like handwriting but if you want the handwritten quote, I turned it into a digital art & it's free to download.

Used journal cards & embellishments from my existing Studio Calico documenter kit & my January DT kit.

My photos are not perfectly printed as I bring them to the print shop at the nearest mall. The technician said that even if I cropped my photos to 4x6 in Photoshop, when he feeds them to the printing machine, it still expands & part of my photos are cropped. You can notice that on my topmost left photo. I placed a white border around but when I got the print, only a little of the border remained (right side & top).

Part of my plan for my 2016 Project Life is to add a layout every month, either 6x8 or 6x12. I just came to decide on this just as I was finishing my January pages when I saw Nicole Reeves' Instagram post. By the end of 2016, I'll be able to create 12 scrapbook layouts! That's 12! HA! That would be a first time for me. For January, I added a layout of my boys. Just keeping it simple so it would be achievable for me. I used Pretty Paper Studio's Clean-and-Simple (CAS) kit for February.

Stamped our favorite quote by the famous Mies van der Rohe, "Less is more", on a regular typewriter paper using Kelly Purkey Southport stamp. Then I inserted it at the back of my 6x8 layout.

I also love using stamps. I only have a few & I'm still eyeing on a few more. I love those stamps which I can use over & over again to my Project Life pages & mini albums. Here, I used stamps from Clearly Kelly, Kellie Winnel & Christine Herrin.

I also love adding some memorabilia like this one on the left page, my RTA metro train card from Ibn Battuta to Mall of the Emirates stations & back when I went to the Emirates Post office to mail some postcards.

The left side is a page dedicated for K's Dubai Marathon event. It's his 3rd year this year & I am SO so proud of his achievement. He has achieved his personal goal every year.

Obviously, I love using stamps now & incorporate it on my Project Life pages with the minimalist photo templates.

I hope my Project Life pages inspire you with yours, just like I am inspired by other Project Lifers.
Thank you for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.
Will try my best to reply to all of your comments.