Saturday, April 29, 2017

PRETTY PAPER STUDIO 5TH BIRTHDAY BLOG HOP + Silhouette Cameo 3


Hello... I'm back here after almost a year! Oh-uh... Is it that long already?

PRETTY PAPER STUDIO turned FIVE this month and we are having a BLOG HOP with some of the inspiring bloggers around.


Because this month is a special month for Pretty Paper Studio and the theme for this month is GRATEFUL, I will be sharing how I made my “I AM GRATEFUL JUNK JOURNAL”, my first 4-signature “junk journal”. Junk journal is a handmade journal made up of scrap papers, papers from magazines, newspapers, old books, brochures, envelops, paper bags, parchment papers, vellum, etc.; and journal covers using old boxes or packagings of cereal, pancake mix, old book covers, or any hard cardboards. On the other note, my take on junk journal is still in the minimalist approach compared to others who create junk journals or those who do junk journaling (a combination of mixed media art and journaling). 
This is how to enjoy this blog hop: Visit all the blogs listed below and leave some love notes on the comment section. Your comments will surely make our Design Team and Guest Bloggers day and inspire us to keep creating. 
After visiting all the blogs, make sure you also follow Pretty Paper Studio's Instagram, Facebook page, Pinterest, Twitter; subscribe to our YouTube Channel, and join our Facebook Group. Once you're finished, come back to the blog hop post at PPS and leave a comment that you have followed the instructions.
Keep on hopping. You'll just have to like, follow, subscribe, and leave a comment. Then... at the end, you will stand a chance to win the blog hop prize.



One winner will be picked randomly and will receive a Silhouette Cameo 3 Electronic Cutting Machine worth AED 1250. Simple. International entries are welcome too. Remember, you got to follow all the instructions to stand a chance – that’s the only condition. Blog Hop ends on May 1, 2017 and a winner will be announced Pretty Paper Studio Blog  on May 5, 2017.

Hop on!
Enjoy and be inspired. ♥

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓







Papermade by Ing (Ingrid Lim) <<< You are here










- - - - - - -
Pretty Paper Studio reserves the right to final decision regarding the judgment method and winning Entries. This contest is not sponsored by or affiliated with Silhouette America.

38 comments:

  1. "I AM GRATEFUL JUNK JOURNAL” is a great idea.

    Saleha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your work for this journal but I salute you more for doing 100days of project I don't know how you do it but you inspire me to do same, maybe not 100 days πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but at least I'll try something similar such as 30daysofhealthy eating, and every time I'll try to stop ok check your blog to motivate me to keep up. I'm grateful to join this blog hop, I honestly enjoy it reading your older post 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. My 100daysproject of art journal is still at works since 2016 & I'm doing another one for this year. Yes, you should try doing 30 days challenge. It's somehow fulfilling to be able to finish an entire project. Glad you enjoyed reading throuhg my blog. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a very pretty junk journal, I like your minimalistic style and that it isn't too chunky. Would be easier to carry around or travel with. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.
    Cheers
    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad to inspire you. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy 5th anniversary to PPS.

    Welcome back to crafting. Nice work and wishing the best for future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty, great work! I always have a hard time throwing out even scraps of pretty paper so this is good inspiration of a way to use them, thanks! Harkee - AS they grow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and elegant..your work has inspired me to make a junk journal..thank you..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched the post where u had given a tutorial on this particular junk jouranl..V creative,patient and im amazed at ur organisation skills which i probably lack !!i do collect scaraps but then they just lie there ..but im inspired .. All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice words. Go ahead make a junk journal & make use of those scraps. :)

      Delete
  8. Junk journal...what a wonderful idea! It looks beautiful as well. Now i don't have to throw out all the scrap paper I have collected. Thank you Ingrid .......Zarine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Let's reuse & recycle those scraps. :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you for introducing junk journaling to me. I hadn't come across this earlier but this post made me look into it and I'll definitely be taking this up! Oh and the design is very elegant :) simple and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I just recently knew about this, too. SO, basically, I'm a newbie to junk journal. Thank you for your nices words. :)

      Delete
  10. This is pretty cute! Will try to make this as well because it's very inspiring to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love junk journals. This is an amazing way to avoid waste and recycle many things. I would love to learn book binding techniques. It is fascinating. Thank you for this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, let's avoid waste & recycle & make new pretty craftly things. :)

      Delete
  12. I love the colors chosen...Simple and Dainty look attracts me much of this lovely project!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The concept of Junk Journal is something new to me. Ive seen a few photographs of such journals of instagram but did not know that this is what it's called. Or that its a great way to recycle paper and create the 'best out of waste'.
    Thanks for introducing this to us!
    Read your intro, that your husband is an architect. I'm also an architect, who is into arts, crafts, photography, lettering, cooking, etc and I'm super excited to have come across your blog thanks to PPSUAE.
    I really loved your #100dayproject journal. I really wish I had the will to stick to a project for that long! :D Kudos to your perseverance, and the results are outstanding!
    I will definitely be following your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just recently knew this & since I don't have much crafts supplies, junk journaling is a nice idea to use up & recycle my scraps of papers. Both me & my husband are architects but I chose to be a housewife for the mean time. As for my #the100dayproject, I still have 40+ days to finish my art journal project & that was from last year. I'm hoping to be able to complete it before we leave in June. Thanks again for your kind words. Let's get artsy & crafty. :)

      Delete
  14. I like it! This is actually what I am looking for and going to do next time thanks for info! Shiela Rizza

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple and beautiful junk journal πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. :)

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous journal! I used to do junk journalling back in the day, and this post has inspired me to revive that practice once again!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.
Will try my best to reply to all of your comments.